Job Title: Regional hybrid breeder
Location: Henan (Changge)
Limagrain Field Seeds breeds, produces and commercializes field seeds to farmers. Investments in Research and Development reach 14.3% of the annual Group turnover.
The fourth largest seed company worldwide, Limagrain is an international agricultural cooperative group, founded and managed by French farmers. As a creator and producer of plant varieties, Limagrain distributes field seeds, vegetable seeds and cereal products.
Limagrain Research is present in China since 2002 and is delivering commercial hybrids that are growing in the market and running programs at world class level.
We are now seeking highly motivated individuals to join Limagrain China Field Research Team. Under supervision of China hybrid breeder manager, you will manage a regional commercial breeding program, to create and select the best hybrids for Summer corn market.
Hybrid development and Testing:
• Responsible for designing crosses using inbred developed in different regions of China and worldwide, for hybrid seed production, testing plan building, data analysis, product characterization and recommendation for hybrids advancement.
• Develop and maintain the hybrid program focused on product pipelines in target segments. Ensuring that the pipeline hybrids can meet markets’ requirements in yield and other important agronomic traits, including GM technologies in near future.
• Involve in line breeding programs, to screen and select inbred lines serving for commercial hybrid development purpose.
• Work closely with trial team on hybrid evaluation. Participate in the main testing activities (sowing, phenotyping, harvest, training, etc.).
• Coordinate with PD (Product Development) teams, to ensure that all relevant information and data are available during hybrid advancement.
• Work closely with PD, Sales and Marketing teams to collect information and fine-tune the breeding goals for hybridization.
• Coordinate with TI team for trait conversions for the parental lines of pipeline hybrids, give recommendation at every season.
• Responsible for hybrids seed increase request and ensuring seeds availability for testing, demonstration, and registration.
• Responsible for registration and PVP application document preparation for target segment.
• Participate in other activities in research stations when needed (seed counting, pollination, etc.)
• Manage budget and resources for program to attain the objectives.
• Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Plant Breeding or related fields.
• Minimum three or more years of experience with strong background in breeding, quantitative genetics, statistics, and molecular technologies.
• Eagerness to adopt new technologies and Breeding schemes
• Willing to work in agriculture and corn breeding, as well as field work.
• Ability to use software for data analyses, management, presentation, and reporting.
• Good ability of leadership, management, communication, and teamwork.
• Good language skills in both English and Chinese (oral and written).
• Ability to work extended hours outdoors and frequent travels during entire growing season.
• Driving license is required.
Contact: Please send your CV to Sherry.firstname.lastname@example.org