- Development of unique genetic mapping microarrays for lettuce and pepper containing 35,000 genes each
- Discovery of molecular markers (SNPs) in tomato, potato, carrot and cotton germplasm
- Introgression genomics in vegetable and field crop breeding programs
• Functional testing in crop plants of genes identified in model systems
• Application of mutagenesis and TILLING to identify useful traits
• QTL analyses of economically important traits
Seed Quality and Technology
• Molecular genetic analyses of thermoinhibition in lettuce seeds
• Assessment of new technologies to measure seed respiration
• Studies on seed priming and seed longevity
Commercialization and Co-existence
• Gene flow studies in cotton and alfalfa
The Center also works on a number of public service activities.
The SBC established and works with the Ralph M. Parsons Foundation Plant Transformation Facility for research on new products and transgenic plants.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if the center can be of service to you.