Managing plant breeding and laboratory programs are becoming increasingly complex. This course is designed to enhance management skills of plant breeders and technical
leads. Professionals directing these programs in agricultural research, in agribusiness development and those from the public sector will benefit from attending this course
Course topics include:
- How the plant breeding or research program fits within the organizations strategy
- Establishing vision and goals
- Defining key strategies and capacities
- Budget management: controlling and tracking expenses
- Managing capital projects
- Reading and interpreting financial statements
- Intellectual property and contract issues, treaties and agreements
- Developing reports
- Managing resources within the goals the organization
- Learn to lead and manage employees towards common goals
- Understanding human resource principles
- Using conflict resolution to handle difficult situations
- Learning to lead and manage employees towards common goals
- Dealing with and embracing change to create a culture of innovation
Download flyer here.
When: September 16-18, 2014
Course location: Bowley CenterI at UC Davis
Daily parking and permits for $8.00 are available in visitor parking lots
Registration Fee: Tuition includes all course materials, lunches and breaks. The course format
includes interactive lectures and problem solving exercises. If a registered participant
is not able to attend, another employee may be substituted for the session. Refunds may be requested up until three weeks prior to the course however a $100.00 administrative fee will be charged.
Full Registration: $850.00
Please note that this class is full. If you are interested in future programs, please email Sally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hotel: A small block of rooms are available at the Hallmark Inn in Davis. Click here for more information.
Directions from the:
San Francisco Airport to Davis, CA
Sacramento Airport to Davis, CA
For questions or additional information, please contact Sally Mohr at email@example.com or at 530-752-5775.