USDA Permit and Notification Resources
The documents provided by the SBC in no way guarantee compliance to USDA regulations.
The following resources are samples of resources needed for growing transgenic crops at the UC Davis, Seed Biotechnology Center using tomato. They are freely available to adapt to your specific crop and situation.
Useful USDA links:
- Biotechnology Regulatory Services
- Notification Process
- Isolation Distances Table
- Biology of Crop Plants
- New! BRS User's Guide
Specialty Crops Regulatory Assistance (SCRA) - a collaborative, public-private effort to assist public and private-sector developers of biotechnology-derived specialty crops in their efforts to complete the complex US regulatory process for commercialization of biotechnology-derived crops.
Public Research and Regulations Initiative
Methods for Detection of Transgenic Plants
GM Crop Co-Existence in Perspective (SCIMAC)
Agricultural Biotechnology in California (ABC) Series - see the Fact Sheets
- The Science and Regulation of Food from Genetically Engineered Animals
- The Science and Regulation of Food from Genetically Engineered Animals (audio/slide)
- Implications of Gene Flow in the Scale-up and Commercial Use of Biotechnology-derived Crops: Economic and Policy Considerations. (CAST)
- Gene Flow in Alfalfa: Biology, Mitigation, and Potential Impact on Production. (CAST)